Star fruit or carambola is a sweet and sour fruit that has the shape of a five-point star. The skin is edible and the flesh has a mild, sour flavor that makes it popular in a number of dishes. The star fruit is yellow or green in color.
- Additional information
- Reviews (2)
- Care Instructions
- Vendor Info
- More Products
Star fruit, also known as carambola, is a star-shaped tropical fruit with sweet and sour flavor. Star fruit is a small, bushy evergreen tree that grows very well under hot, humid, tropical conditions. The plant bears small lilac colored, bell-shaped flowers in clusters which subsequently develop into oblong shaped fruits with characteristic five angled edges (sides or ribs) that appear like a starfish in cross sections. Carambola fruit features light-green to yellow with attractive smooth waxy surface. Inside, it’s crispy, and juicy pulp can either be mildly sweet or extremely sour depending upon the variety.
Fruiting Time: Start with in a year after purchase
2 reviews for Star Fruit
Add a review
1. It is an excellent source of healthy plant compounds, including quercetin, gallic acid, and epicatechin.
2. These compounds have powerful antioxidant properties and various health benefits.
3. The plant compounds in star fruit have been shown to reduce fatty liver risk and cholesterol in mice
Below are detailed care instructions , card will be provided with the plant :
1. This plant requires more than 6 hours of direct bright sunlight a day.
2. In summer thorough water supply is essential, reducing water supply during winter.
3. Well drained fertile soil rich with organic content is required.
4. At a temperature ranging from 25℃ to 35℃ best harvest can be obtained.
5. Feeding with any organic fertiliser during the growing season gives good results.
- 4.46 rating from 287 reviews
Bhænu Bædeti –
Great packaging Plant was delivered in good condition.
hussain seerat –
Plants delivered good ,packed is perfect soil is good