The pepper plant is a perennial woody vine growing up to 4 m (13 ft) in height on supporting trees, poles, or trellises. It is a spreading vine, rooting readily where trailing stems touch the ground. The leaves are alternate, entire, 5 to 10 cm (2.0 to 3.9 in) long and 3 to 6 cm (1.2 to 2.4 in) across.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Care Instructions
- Vendor Info
- More Products
Black pepper is botanically known as Piper nigrum from the Piperaceae family. It is a perennial vine grown for its berries and extensively used as a spice and in medicine. Black pepper is cultivated to a large extent in Kerala, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu and to a limited extent in Maharashtra,. Growing tips-Black pepper is a plant of humid tropics requiring high rainfall and humidity.
Ground, dried, and cooked peppercorns have been used since antiquity, both for flavor and as traditional medicine. Black pepper is the world’s most traded spice and is one of the most common spices added to cuisines around the world. Its spiciness is due to the chemical compound piperine, which is a different kind of spicy from the capsaicin characteristic of chili peppers.
Be the first to review “Pepper Creeper”
1. High in antioxidants. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage your cells.
2. Has anti-inflammatory properties.
3. May benefit your brain.
4. May improve blood sugar control.
5. May lower cholesterol levels.
6. May have cancer-fighting properties.
7. A versatile spice.
Below are detailed care instructions , card will be provided with the plant :
1. Survive well in temperate climates with full sun.
2. To get good results keep a humid environment by constant watering
3. Well drained soil gives the best yield.
4. 60° – 70°C temperature maintenance is essential.
5. Better to apply any organic manure weekly once.
- 4.46 rating from 287 reviews
There are no reviews yet.