Milk Fruit / Star Apple
This is a seasonal fruit bearing tree. The fruits are used as a fresh dessert .It is sweet and often served chilled. Common name is Star Apple. The tiny flowers are purplish white and have a sweet fragrant smell. The fruits are delicious as a fresh dessert fruit; it is sweet and best served chilled. Infusions of the leaves have been used against diabetes and articular rheumatism.
- Additional information
- Care Instructions
- Vendor Info
- More Products
The fruit is globose and typically measures from 2 to 3 inches in diameter. When ripe, it usually has purple skin with a faint green area appearing around the calyx. A radiating star pattern is visible in the pulp. Greenish-white and yellow-fruited cultivars are sometimes available. The skin is rich in latex, and both it and the rind are not edible. The flattened seeds are light brown and hard. It is a seasonal fruit bearing tree.
The fruits are used as a fresh dessert fruit; it is sweet and often served chilled. Infusions of the leaves have been used against diabetes and articular rheumatism. The fruit has antioxidant properties.
1. The plant is used for ornamental purposes.
2. Being rich in nutrients, chikoo is a storehouse of Vitamin E, A and C, all of which are great for skin health and have amazing moisturising properties.
3. The presence of antioxidants like ascorbic acid, polyphenols, and flavonoids help in reducing wrinkles and makes your skin plumper.
- 100% sunlight is best
- Water the plant once in 2 days
- Well drained potting mix suits better
- Feed with organic nitrogen sources
- 4.46 rating from 287 reviews